Father's Day is here again and I just want to pay a little tribute to 4 very important fathers.
-To Michael's dad, Carey. He has been gone 5 years this summer, and we still miss him dearly. He was an amazing father, and Michael is so much like him I think. I'm not sure there is a higher compliment that Michael could hear than that he is very much like his dad. His dad instilled in him such a strong work ethic, a love for people, a deep love for family, and a devotion to God. I credit Michael's entire family for the man Michael has become, but especially his dad. Thank you Carey for encouraging Michael to become the man that I have fallen in love with and who is now an amazing dad to our girls. I don't have a digital picture on the computer of Michael and his dad, but this song always reminds me of them (press pause in the song player in the sidebar to listen):
-To Jeff, Michael's stepfather. Thank you so much for being supportive of Michael and I throughout our marriage. We always have so much fun with you and Mindi. We are glad that we are closer to you both now than ever before. Thank you so much for loving Gracie and Michaela so much. It is so obvious that you are just crazy about them and you are endlessly patient with them....reading books over and over again, taking them out into the garden, etc. Thank you so much.
-My Dad... you have been a wonderful dad throughout the years. Thank you for all of your love, support, and encouragement. I have never doubted for a moment the love you have for us. I never fully understood your love for me until I had kids of my own...I get it now. I get it now how spankings hurt you more than me when I was little. I get why my smart mouth would always get me in trouble. I know I used to say alot: "When I have kids, I will never do that!" Well, guess what? I do alot of those things now. :) You may have given me away when I got married, but a part of me will always be your little girl.
-And Michael...we always dreamed about what life would be like with kids. You have far surpassed my expectations in being Gracie and Michaela's daddy...and my expectations were pretty high! Thank you for all of the many ways you sacrifice for us and for always considering your family a top priority, along with God. Thank you for the mindful way you strive to teach our girls about God's love for them. You are an amazing example of a godly dad. Thank you for giving them your undivided attention when you are home even when you are tired and have other things you need to do sometimes. I could not have a more wonderful husband...and the girls could not have a more wonderful father. I love you.


Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers out there.
Friday, June 13, 2008
4 Dads
Posted by Barr Family at 8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment