Ok you guys, I seriously am going to post some more family-related things soon. My pictures are on the computer in Michaela's room so I have easier access to my laptop, which I am typing on now. This weekend, I plan on finishing up picture editing to upload for you...I have pictures of all kinds of things to show you....pictures from our new house, apple butter making days, the girls playing on our deck, Gracie "doctoring" Michaela, etc. They are coming, I promise.
On another note, are you kidding me??? If crap that is going on in California schools starts making it's way here, I think I am going to be thankful that I know how to teach because I will be teaching my kids at home. Did anyone else hear about the 1st grade class that took a field trip to see their lesbian teacher get married?? The kids threw rose petals for the ceremony. First Graders!!! Alternative lifestyle groups are slowly and methodically working their agendas into the public schools.
Now, I must point out that I am all about true tolerance. TRUE tolerance....meaning, I can disagree with something and think it is completely 'wrong' and still act in a respectful way. What the definition of tolerance is turning into now is that you can't even say something is 'wrong.' The idea is, "Just because it isn't right for me doesn't mean it isn't right for you."
I do not think homosexuality should be addressed at all in public schools...not talked against and not spoken for. It is an issue that is best left up to the parents of children. I would be LIVID if this was my child's school.
I just had to vent for a little bit about this. Gracie will be in Kindergarten in 2 years...fall of 2010, which is unbelievable to me! I guess it is just a little bit heavy on my heart after hearing the disheartening lesbian wedding story.
The differing defintions of tolerance disturbs me greatly. I think it is an extremely dangerous line to blur...when it become almost impossible to say something is flat out wrong without being called narrow-minded, judgemental, or predjudiced. Our society is selling the idea of gray areas....things are wrong in certain circumstances and not others.
Well, you know what, I don't have it all figured out. I guess it boils down to one question...a simple yes or no question...."Is every word of the Bible God-breathed, intentional, and true?" For me, that answer is a resounding 'yes.' Every syllable in the Bible from Genesis to Revelations is there because God wanted it there. He left us an instruction manual to HELP us live out of the gray. He talks in Revelations about 'lukewarm' Christians, neither hot nor cold, and He spits them out....meaning there are a whole bunch of us out there living in the gray, too afraid or stubborn or prideful to firmly plant both feet on one side of the fence. God just wants to us to hop off the fence, quit being wishy washy, and take a stand for Him. And, since I believe God is incapable of lying, every one of those intentionally placed, God-breathed words in Scripture are true. Scripture addresses homosexuality as immoral, defines marriage as between a man and a woman, extols the sacred union of marriage, etc. It even addresses one of the issues that plague us women the most...eating habits (which for most of us plays a part in our constant plague of diets). Everything we will ever need is in that Bible.
Do I believe in black and white issues? Absolutely. Does that mean I have it all figured out...no. Does that mean that I encourage a haughty and hateful spirit when dealing with people who are living in what the Bible calls sin? Absolutely not. Do I live out of the gray every single second of every single day? I wish I could say yes, but I certainly do not. Every single one of us has our issues to work through...but I really do think that God calls us to live out of the gray. Remember that old hymn..."On Christ the solid rock I stand...all other ground is sinking sand." Well, there you go...a perfect picture of what I am talking about. A big tall fence dividing the strong unshakeable rock of Jesus Christ and the swirling, ever-changing sands of society. You can only straddle that fence for so long before you have to pick sides.
I disagree with homosexuality, but I certainly don't think it appropriate to walk up to a homosexual, get in their face, and say, "Homosexuality is wrong, and you are a terrible person." If he/she asks me what I think of their lifestyle, I will not lie and tell them I think it is okay...but that message can be delivered in a spirit of love. And I certainly will not allow the schools or anyone else to tell my child that it is a perfectly normal and acceptable lifestyle.
Wow, this is turning into a long post and I don't blame you if you didn't even make it this far into it. Even more than sharing my opinons with you, writing it all out is really for me....it enables me to think things through more easily than if I am just thinking to myself. I am just going to stop now so I won't get started on anymore word pictures or new topics!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Are you kidding me?
Posted by Barr Family at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment