Hi everyone. I just wanted to take a few minutes and brag on our friends. We have a great group of friends that has stuck together for many years now. I remember when we were all getting out of college and people would tell me that we would probably all go our seperate ways and keep in touch once a year, and I never believed them. We have been through college, marriage, children, and all kinds of other crazy things.
When I made the call to our friends from the hospital right after Rob died, I knew their thoughts and prayers would be with us. But, this is where the bragging part comes in, they went above and beyond for us during this time.
1) A group of them actually drove the 4 hour drive to come up for the visitation just to turn around and drive the 4 hour drive again to go home on the same day. And, I know that Michael feels the same way, out of all of the people who came to give their condolences, those were the people that we desperately wanted to see.
2) Since Rob passed away the night before Thanksgiving, our Thanksgiving meal wasn't the happiest we have ever had. We kind of felt that we were just going through the motions. Our friends decided that we needed to have "Thanksgiving Part Two." They prepared a Thanksgiving meal for us...turkey, potatoes, pies, and all. 

3) Since we were out of town during Michael's work shift, he was not going to be paid for the week...that is huge for us. One friend and his father works at Mueller's also and donated vacation days in order for Michael to get his regular paycheck. Not just anyone would do that.
So, we feel so incredibly blessed to have the friends we do...friends who we have the best times with, friends who will cry with us, and friends who are just always there. Some people would say that we are lucky...I don't really believe in luck. Rather, we are blessed. God brought this group together and our bonds and relationships really do revolve around our common passion of following Christ.
Monday, December 3, 2007
Best Friends
Posted by Barr Family at 11:34 AM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment