Hi everyone. There hasn't been much blogging going on lately. We just have been busy busy. We are enjoying our summer and have been involved in weekly playdates to the park, zoo, nature center, etc. And, as much as we get a chance we take the girls up to the pool. Gracie is doing so good in the pool. She likes to wear her lifejacket although she doesn't quite trust it to hold her up yet. She likes to lay across the noodle and swim. She likes to do it all by herself now without us holding on! She is getting so big! Michaela just likes to try to drink the water! She is such a little waterbug. She throws a fit everytime we get out.
This week's playdate was at the Nature Center and we had so much fun. We walked a few trails and then explored the exhibts inside. You should have seen us...3 moms, 3strollers, and 2 "big kids" aged 2 and 3. The other big kid, Aiden, was all about his walking stick and kept trying to get Gracie to use one too but she informed him that "girls don't play with sticks." She finally gave it though and took one. She thought she was pretty hot stuff with her sunglasses and backpack full of water and snacks.



Also, this month, we had quite the milestone in a house full of girls. Michaela got to wear her first ponytail! I was so excited that her hair was long enough to get most of it up.
On another note, I think we found childcare for Michaela this fall for Tuesday and Thursday mornings. A family that my family has known for a really long time runs a daycare and it is pretty close to the preschool I am working at. So, that is a huge relief!!! School preparations has kept me busy. I have had to go to several meetings and have been spending lots of time figuring out what the heck I am going to do with my students. I finally kind of have a rough year outline so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here. Gracie is getting excited for preschool. We got her backpack and folder, both covered with Disney princesses.
We are also gearing up for Michael's break from school. He takes his final on Wednesday and then we get to breathe a little bit and go on our mini-vacation to Branson with my parents. We are so excited!!! Lots to look forward to.
Hope you guys are having as much fun this summer as we are!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Enjoying Nature---Diva Style
Posted by Barr Family at 8:15 PM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yay! I am so glad you found childcare! What a relief! Love the new pics! I love your little nature girls!
Post a Comment