Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Few Pictures

Fun at the Park:


This is Michaela's favorite hat. She even sleeps with it every once in awhile. We call her "Gangster Mimi" in this:

Pretty in Pink:

I can't even think of a good caption for this one:

These were taken after the girls fell asleep in the car coming home for Papa and Nana's house:



It feels like summer outside, and we are loving it!!! We dug out shorts and t-shirts for the girls and now I don't know how we'll ever go back to pants and sweaters when the weather changes again...which I'm assuming it will with our crazy weather. While I was organizing the girls summer clothes in tubs to keep in the closet until we can officially take out the winter clothes, I noticed with dismay that I didn't keep as many of Gracie's 2T/3T clothes for Michaela as I thought I did. I think she was really hard on them and they were seriously worn. So, we are going shopping for some 3T summer clothes for Mimi. Gracie has a pretty good wardrobe going for summer...I'd been keeping my eyes open for deals for HER since I thought Michaela would have plenty. Ooops. Gracie has almost officially left the 'T' clothes...she can still wear some 5T clothes, but not all of them. So, she is mostly wearing 4 and 5's. It's a whole new area in the stores so that is fun. Although I did notice at Walmart the other day when I was looking for a swimsuit for her that the options were not quite little-girl enough for her. Some of them were downright skimpy and trashy looking. I'm amazed at some of the things they market for little girls.

On another note, Gracie had her annual doctor's well-child appointment,and she did great. She had her eyes checked, and she has perfect 20/20 vision. She is still in the 75th percentile for height and weight so she is very proportional...is that the right word? You know what I mean. She had to get 3 shots and she did so good. She is done with immunizations now until she turns 11. Yay!

I don't have a picture of this yet, but we had a milestone last night. Gracie slept in the top part of the bunk bed last night and did GREAT!!!! We are giving her a little bit of time to get used to it and then we are moving Mimi on in to the bottom. I am so excited to have the nursery empty for awhile. I am going to set up a table in there and it will be my scrapbooking room...until it is a nursery again. :)

And, one of the most exciting things that has happened in the past few weeks is that we are DEBT-FREE!!!!! (except for the house and van, but we don't count those...we hope to have the van paid off next) Absolutely NO credit card balances. I can't even tell you how much we hate having debt so this is just the best feeling in the world. We had way more than we were comfortable with after the past year of Michael being in school so it was a huge relief to be done with it. We have set up a budget for ourselves and we are not carrying credit cards with us anymore....they are in a safe-keeping place to be brought out for travel or emergencies, but we aren't going to be using them for daily purchases.

So, that is what is going on in the Barr Household. I hope you all are doing great!!! I'll try to get some more pics up soon.

0 comments: