Last night was a big very-looked-foward to event...the circus. Gracie has been so excited to go so we went last night. Neither Michael and I had been there since we were young so this was a new experience for us too...watching through a grown-up's eyes. As soon as we got there, Gracie and I rode the elephants. That is what Gracie was just dying to do so I choked back the feelings of 1) anxiousness of riding on the back of one of those things and trying not to fall off, or let my child fall off...and 2) throwing a hissy fit over having to pay $10 each to take a 2, maybe 3 minute ride. But, we survived, and Gracie was in paradise so it was worth it.
As we settled in to wait for the family-friendly show to start, my attention focused on the music blaring from the speakers...
a little bit of Kanye West, oh, and don't forget, the ultimate family-friendly song "It Wasn't Me" by Shaggy...and not the radio, edited version of it either. Family-friendly? Really?
As the big show started, our ears...oh, our ears...they are still ringing today. It was ridiculously loud...I'm not sure if it was because of where we were sitting or what, but this is a picture of Grace reacting to the noise:
We saw tigers, sheepdogs going down slides, the bendy-crazy-flexible girl, some clowns, people hanging upside down from the sky, and the Georgettes...the dancers...the dancers who needed more clothes...I'm a prude I know, but circus or Vegas I ask you?
On the way home, Gracie told us that she was a "modest girl." ha! We talked about the whole modest thing awhile back, but she hadn't said much about it lately. the Georgettes brought the lesson back to mind again I guess.
As we neared intermission, Gracie asked if it was about time to go...I think her poor ears couldn't handle it anymore. We left at intermission, with Gracie thinking it was the end. She really did have a good time, but it was very loud, and the sweet girl got very tired.
She is still talking about that expensive elephant ride today though...so hopefully, we created a memory...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
The Greatest Show on Earth
Posted by Barr Family at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment