Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living' on a Prayer

Last night Michael and I got to do something we, or actually I, have always wanted to do. Since I was like 7. We went and saw Bon Jovi in concert in Kansas City. I have to first of all say that my husband is the best husband ever....putting up with my schoolgirl giddiness when they took the stage, and when they sang a few of their love songs, and when....well, basically through the whole thing.

We got to the area early and spent some time walking around the Power and Light district. When we went in to eat, there still weren't too many people milling around yet, but when we came out of the resteraunt the concert crowd had arrived. We sat and had the funnest time people watching. Here are some of the observations we made:

1) Going to see a band you fell in love with in the 80's? You need to revert your hairstyle to the 80's with lots of poofing and hairspray to completely enjoy the show.

2) If you are 40, you can totally dress like you are 16 at a rock concert apparently.

3) Rock concert apparel...lots of black....lots and lots of black.

4) Show that you are a die-hard fan by wearing one of the band's old tour shirts from days long gone....with your mom jeans! (I personally LOVED this one! This lady was so cute....)

5) Bon Jovi has been around a long time...so he has a huge range fans....we saw a few kids there all the way up to a late 60's, early 70's couple there. Hilarious.

Once we got inside, Michael teased me that I was sitting on the edge of my seat like it was Jesus himself getting ready to take stage....which by the way is totally not true...I would be way more excited for Jesus of course....but I do love me some Bon Jovi.

15,000 people singing along with Bon Jovi. So fun. And, he played a good mix of old and new. Of course he had to sing You Give Love a Bad Name. After the fake end of the show where everyone just screams for more and the band "decides" to come back out, he played a lot of the old stuff....Wanted Dead or Alive, Runaway, Bad Medicine, and ended with Living on a Prayer.

So, in memory of my best and most favorite concert ever, I will leave you with a few videos:

1) The good old days when I fell in love with Bon Jovi:


2) Footage of the Circle Tour: Living on a Prayer: This was the very last song they sang...and one I had been waiting for all evening!


3) I was kind of hoping for this song, "Bed of Roses," but they didn't play it:


4) But they played one of my other favorite love songs instead so it was all good, "I'll Be There For You"


5) And another great song that he was awesome at: "Born to be my baby"

2 comments:

AW said...

I LOVE Bon Jovi! That's so cool that you got to go see them. And I love "Bed of Roses." That's such a great song that brings back memories of, well, middle school. :)

PS: I know I haven't kept in touch much, but I love your blog updates. The girls have gotten so big! And gorgeous!

Lance & Vicki said...

I am SO jealous! My second tape ever was Bon Jovi :)