Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's a ........

The news is out!!!  It's a BOY!!!


I don't think I have ever been so shocked in my life, with the exception of seeing the positive pregnancy test with this little guy.  God is all about surprises for us lately....wonderful surprises!  The girls weren't allowed to come with us for the ultrasound which was kind of a bummer, but my sister Michele came with us to find out the big news.  The ultrasound guys was SO nice...the ones we have had before with the girls were usually very tight-lipped and wouldn't say a word about if things looked good or not.  This guy went step by step explaining what we were seeing and always saying, "Looks great!"  How reassuring.  

I am the worst at reading ultrasounds....but Michael and Michele are both pretty experienced with it with their jobs.  I was completely in the dark, but Michael said that he thought he saw "something" and at that same time he heard Michele gasp.  Right at that time, the ultrasound guy said, "Do you want to know the sex?"  Of course!!!  And then, "It's a boy."  My heart about stopped!  I was completely shocked!  In fact, I was very eloquent in my response of "Holy crap!"  LOL  We are so so so excited!  

To tell our family, we had a Pink/Blue party...we made cupcakes and filled them with blue icing.  Everyone took a bite at the same time and saw the surprise.  Everyone was pretty surprised I think, with a few exceptions who "knew it all along!"  The girls are very excited.  Right up until this time they were on Team Girl because they thought a baby brother would pee on them, but that afternoon they switched sides and were all about Team Boy.  

We are just overwhelmed with God's goodness.  After walking though such a difficult time dealing with infertility the verse that keeps coming to me is Psalm 126:5:  "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy!"  

1 comments:

Alissa Aberle said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you guys...Boys are so much fun...You will love every second of it.