Saturday, December 17, 2011

Titus William Barr

He's finally here! Titus was born Monday December 5 at 9:49 AM.

Heading to the hospital at midnight!


Welcome to the world Titus!










If you aren't one who likes birth details, stop reading here....
Overall, Titus's entry into the world went very well...probably the easiest delivery...and the fastest! We went in at midnight to get induced. We got settled in and got checked...I was only at 1 1/2 cm...which I had been at for at least 3 weeks. I got a round of cytotek (to soften the cervix---which had to happen more before I could actually get the pitocin). We were left to sleep. I know Michael didn't hardly sleep at all...I didn't either. Every time I would fall asleep the heartbeat monitor had to be adjusted because Titus would shift and his heartbeat would disappear. The times are all very foggy to me, but I think around 5 they started me on some pitocin since I had gotten to 3 cm. Contractions started getting a little more regular. I knew Michael needed breakfast so I kept telling him to go get something to eat, but he seemed reluctant to leave. Come to find out, he had been watching the monitors and knew something weird was going on because everytime I had a contraction, Titus's heart rate would slow way down. Just about the time he was going to go find the nurse, she arrived and was concerned. She stopped the pitocin and called Dr. Lehnert. I knew she was worried when she said that they were going to go ahead and get my epidural in case I needed an emergency C-section. SCARY! Dr. Lehnert arrived and felt that Titus was just plain out of room so he was getting squished with every contraction so he went on ahead and broke my water. That was around 7 I think.

After that everything was a blur. They put a fetal monitor thing on Titus's head, brought the epidural guy in, and started my pitocin back up...and Titus seemed unfazed by the contractions now that he had more room. It took a good half hour to get my epidural placed...which was almost torture because they had to stick me over and over again, all while I was having some pretty painful contractions. They finally got it going and around 8:30 I was at a 6. Michael called my parents and told them they might want to start heading up to the hospital with the girls. They worked on getting ready but weren't in too big of a hurry, thinking they still had plenty of time. Well, about 20 minutes later Michael called again with the news I was at an 8. I would have liked a camera to see the frenzy....they loaded up in the car, and then it wouldn't start! So, they moved to the truck and the girls were yelling at other drivers, "Don't you know we're having a baby?! Get out of our way!"


Dr. Lehnert showed up again and after pushing through 3 contractions, Titus arrived! He weighed 7-5 and was 20 inches long. We were pleasantly surprised that he wasn't as big as predicted. :) By the time he was cleaned up and I had a chance to try to feed him, my parents had arrived with the girls, and Michael's mom had arrived to join my Grandma in the waiting room---she had actually been there awhile. Michele had been there all morning and got to stay in the delivery room and watch him be born. The girls were so happy and sweet with him. They LOVE him and would hold and touch him all of the time if they could. Michaela likes to sing to him, and Gracie sounds like a little mommy talking to him. He is sleeping well and eating well. He is starting to be a little more awake for longer periods of time and has discovered that he likes his pacifier.

We are so in love with this little guy! We feel so blessed to have these 3 precious children to raise and care for.

1 comments:

dbilberry said...

Welcome baby Titus! Congrats Barr family. He's precious!