Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Michaela is Mobile

Hi everyone. It is official...Michaela is mobile. She is following in her big sister's footsteps and is starting her journey in mobility with the army crawl. She just started doing it a few days ago, and in that short time, she has gotten FAST. She scoots herself and gets to wherever she needs to go. Until this morning, she scooted all over the living room, never realizing she could scoot into other parts of the house. This morning she mustered up her courage and started to make her way down the hall. Before I knew it, she had worked her way into Gracie's room. When I went in to get her, she was pretty proud of herself.

Gracie has taken to crawling every once in awhile too. We went to the Wonders of Wildlife Museum the other day and out of the blue, Gracie dropped down on all fours and said, "I a crawling baby Mommy." Oh brother. They are too funny.

Sunday was a sad and exciting day for me. It was the last Sunday in our building at church. We have grown so much and our sanctuary is packed on Sunday so have been in the process of building a new church, and it is finally ready for us to move into it. I really am excited about it, but what can I say? I get a little attached to buildings sometimes I think. I didn't get to stay for the service Sunday because the nursery paged me during the song part because Michaela was having a meltdown so we went home, but for the 101-15 minutes I was in the sanctuary I just thought of how so many of my best memories are wrapped up in the building.

I made my absolute best friends in the building. My girls had our very own pew that we occupied every Sunday morning early service. We would sit and write notes back and forth about what we were going to do that afternoon or the boys we all had crushes on. And it never seemed to fail, every Sunday during communion one of us would get tickled and then we were all silently shaking with laughter trying to hold it in so we wouldn't get in trouble with our parents or get a look from our pastor. As we grew older and one by one made decisions for Christ, we took the services more seriously. We still liked to sit togther but we began taking notes on the sermons instead of the latest crushes we had. I remember playing flashlight tag at lock-ins, playing volleyball in the gym after Sunday night services with the youth group, gathering there in all of our excitement before heading out in the church vans for camps, CIYs, retreats, mission trips, etc.

The sanctuary itself also was where four big events took place in my life....I was baptized there, married there, participated in Grace's baby dedication there, and Michaela's baby dedication as well.

Northside will always hold a special place in my heart...luckily, the church doesn't stand on a building, but the church is "the people." We will be in a new building, but we are the same body of believers who love one another and God.

0 comments: