When I first found out I was pregnant, I started praying for my baby. I prayed for each and every organ and limb to grow right and for my baby to be strong and healthy. Then after she was born, I prayed for Gracie to not be so colicky, for her to sleep better, for her to keep growing strong. Then the whole process started all over again with Michaela. Does anyone else just get so overwhelmed sometimes in the sheer amount of things that you want to pray for your children? There are some days when I keep up a constant stream of prayer for the girls...for them to get along better, for them to surround themselves with good friends as they get older, for them to find godly wonderful husbands, for them to accept Jesus as their Savior...so many things. And, other days I don't even know where to start.
I have also wanted to start praying more Scripture over my children...but again, I haven't always been sure where to start. There is a blog that I follow that had a great post about this. This blog is so inspiring and uplifting. The mother that writes on it has been through so much...she is a mother to some sweet little girls, and recently lost a sweet baby. If you ever have some time one day, you should read the whole story there. But, today, I just wanted to share the link with you because it has 7 Scriptures to pray over your children at different times of the day. See what you think......
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/11/seven-prayers-day.html
Friday, November 7, 2008
Praying Moms
Posted by Barr Family at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thank you so much for posting that. I definetly need to pray over my children more. Sometimes I get so caught up in worrying that I forget about the power of prayer!
I totally agree!! I was actually just thinking today that I have been more faithful as a mom then I have ever been before!! I just want so much for my precious babies!! I desperately want them to know and follow hard after Jesus!! Thanks for the web site, and for your post!!!!
Post a Comment