Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where two or more are gathered....

You guys, I was so disappointed last night. I was watching the numbers come in with our friends and just wanted to throw something at the TV. Andy and Kelli----aren't you glad I didn't? :)
The silver lining was that the Democrats did not get their hoped-for supermajority that would allow them to push anything and everything through that they wanted without Republicans being able to do anything about it. That is a huge blessing in light of things that we must not overlook.
I will be honest...I was mad last night. I don't even know who I was mad at, but I was just flat-out mad.
This morning, I am more disappointed, anxious, and drained from the whole thing. I picked up my Bible this morning as soon as I could focus my fuzzy brain and spent some time reading some of God's promises to His people.

Ephesians 1:11 says that God "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will" and "according to the plan."
God will use President-elect Obama to work out His will and His plan. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him. It is hard for me to remember this in light of Obama's extreme liberal viewpoints that we are faced with, but somehow, God is going to use him as He works out His will and plan for our lives. God has used good and bad rulers alike in bringing the people of God closer to Him, and I guess we will see what kind of ruler Obama turns out to be.

I can't think of much I agree with Obama on, but he is our president now. I will most likely keep disagreeing with him on most everything in the years to come, unless his heart changes on the things my heart is soft to, but there is no room in this country for hatred. Democrats hating Republicans...Republican hating Democrats....especially within the body of Christ. We are called to be united in Him. Some fellow Christians voted for Obama, and while my conscience would not have allowed for that, each person's vote is between them and God and cannot be a wedge coming between brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have never been good about praying for our nation. It always seemed like such a broad, general thing to pray for. However, I am going to be praying for President-elect Obama, his wife Michelle, and their 2 little girls. I will be praying that God will grant him wisdom as he navigates his new responsibility. I will be praying that he will seek God in the decisions he is going to be making.
I will be praying for the body of Christ...that we will stand firm in our convictins and not sway from what we know to be true....regardless of what is being legislated.
I will be praying for the issue of abortion....I have heard Christians say that they don't consider that when they vote because it will never get overturned anyway....I pray that the hearts that have been callused to this issue will burn afresh with righteous indignation at the thought of millions of precious babies being torn apart in the womb. I will be praying for any Supreme Court seats that may be opening up and that Obama will seek God's face in making appointments.
I will be praying for our economy. I will be praying that the mindset that got us into this mess will be exposed for what it is....a lie from Satan himself. The mindset of we have to have everything we want all of the time whether we have the means to obtain it or not. God wants us to live within our means. I will be praying for the people who are losing their jobs and struggling to make ends meet...that they will turn to God, who is our Provider.
My heart is full of things that this nation needs prayer for. It is easy to pray for these things right now in the face of the changes we are going to most likely be seeing in the days to come, but I want to continue praying for our natin as the days go on....I think it is our responsiblity as Christians to keep our eye on current events....bills being considered, propositions, etc. I encourage all of you to check out citizenlink.org
Some of you reading this are ecstatic over last night's election results, some of you are disappointed like me. Regardless of how you feel, would you join me today in saying a prayer for Barack Obama and our nation? For where two or more are gathered in His name.....

1 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE your post!! I totaly agree with you and will be praying beside you!! God IS bigger!!!