Saturday, May 1, 2010

Old School

So, school is wrapping up around here...I just have 6 teaching days left. We are so looking forward to summer around here, and our summer is filling up fast!
Gracie had her kindergarten screening Friday and did awesome!!! She was so excited and left my side eagerly to go show the assessors what she could do. I think she is more than ready....although she has been asking me to be her kindergarten teacher.
Michaela is as sweet and sassy as ever. She is learning some hard lessons right now about who the boss is in our house. She definetly has a defiant streak that I blame on her daddy! :)

So, Gracie couldn't sleep tonight so she came out to cuddle with me. We were singing some songs and she asked me if I listened to songs about Jesus when I was younger, like she does on the radio. She wanted to know if they were the same songs. I told her that some of them were the same, but that some of them were old and didn't get played on the radio anymore. She wanted to hear some so I pulled up some oldies on youtube. If you grew up listening to Christian radio, you will enjoy the next few clips. Gracie got a good laugh out of some of them!

1. Place In This World by Michael W. Smith...I was so cool I even saw him in concert...several times! :) Gracie thought he was "handsome." Like mother, like daughter! :)


2. "Luv is a Verb" by DC Talk Gracie wanted to go to this concert! I LOVED DC Talk...like, I know every word of their songs, and I was so sad when they quit making music together. Michael was even so cool that he got to be a bodyguard at one of their concerts and met them. I would pay big money to see them in concert again if they ever did a reunion show or something.


3. "Witch's Invitation" by Carman....oh Carman....if you don't know Carman, boy are you in for a treat. He was a singer/storyteller/rapper. The Hesterly Household liked themselves some Carman back in the day. We had the video that included all kinds of videos of his songs, I had a T-shirt, and we went to his concert.


----I had to add one more Carman because DC Talk was also in this one...it was like the perfect video when I was younger:


4. "Beyond Belief" by Petra: Gracie wasn't as impressed with this one...she said the boys look like girls and that's "just ridiculous." :)



Gracie decided that Mommy's old music was okay, but she likes her "cool" music much better! :)

1 comments:

Addie said...

Love it!! I used to listen to DC Talk allllll the time. I still like "Jesus Freak!" And what about Sandi Patti? And I was a Petra fan too. Oh, the good ol' days. :)