Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer

Wow, summer is almost over and I'm not quite sure where it has gone! Our summer kicked off with me teaching a lovely month of summer school...cough, cough. :) It wasn't fun, but the paycheck sure was nice. The girls got lots of Daddy time that month so I don't think they missed me too much, but I sure missed them!

July was a very fun month for us....4th of July celebrations, someone in the house turning 30, Branson mini-vacation, and 9 year anniversary. It was a very full month!

The girls are enjoying VBS this week at our church. Today was the first day, and they came home exhausted!!!

And, in just a few short weeks my sweet Gracie is going to be a Kindergartener.
We had lots of fun buying school supplies with her. I just can't hardly believe it and kind of wish we could just skip the whole Kindergarten thing, but I know she will love it. It's just going to be hard on this mama...and Michaela. Michaela is Gracie's shadow, and since she's never really had to entertain herself, this will probably be very good for her. Plus, Michaela will get some Mommy and Michaela time which she has never really had on a regular basis like Gracie did before Michaela was born. I'm still not ready though. I cried the other day at a stupid back to school commercial...pitiful I know. When I taught Kindergarten, I always told moms to drop their kids off, get them settled, and be on their way....lingering would tend to upset the child when finally left on their own. And, I always urged parents to save their tears for their car. I am going to try really hard to take my own advice, but oh my....I have to go straight to work for the preschool's first day after dropping her off and I have a feeling I am going to have a blotchy face and mascara down my face! :)

And, last but not least, Michael is back to school. His first day was today and he came home a little stressed. :)

Fun and crazy times in the Barr household. I have been trying to get photos to upload and am having no luck. I will try again soon....I plan on updating this a little more often (although I've said that many times).

0 comments: