Friday, August 26, 2011

Places to Go and Things to Do

The countdown is on!  I am at 25 weeks today....that means only 15 weeks left until our family of 4 becomes a family of 5.  Holy moly.  Michael will tell you that I have definetly kicked it into overdrive about what we need to get done before he gets here.  I made a list....I broke it down by month....and I basically told him to get on board.  :)  We have not done much of anything to prepare our house for a baby.  Our "nursery" is still full of junk that needs to be cleared out, and because it has been so ungodly hot for most of the summer we haven't ventured into the attic to pull down all of our "BABY" tubs that we stored away what seems like ages ago.  On top of all of the baby-specific things we have to do, we also are going to be doing some re-modeling.  Yeah, we are crazy like that.

When we moved into this house, we knew that we would want to replace flooring at some point.  The carpet in the living room was new but we are hard on carpet.  The "wood" laminate cheapest-option-in-the-store was fine but we knew it wasn't going to last long.  Sure enough, we were right.  Carpet and "wood" are definetly looking worse for wear.  On top of that, we have a bar that takes up a lot of space....it is too high to actually prep any food and it's main purpose is to collect piles....piles of books, papers, random things the girls place up there.....piles I have to sort through every couple of days.  The bar is coming out.  So, bar knock-out, new floors in dining room, kitchen, living room, and hall.  That is September's big  task....along with emptying out the nursery of all of its homeless junk.  Deep breath.....  :)  October's focus will be the nursery decorating.

I go in a week for my glucose test at the Dr.'s office.  Ick....drinking a big glass of sugary syrup and hanging out at the doctor's office for an hour waiting to get my blood taken is not my idea of fun.  Hopefully all will be well though.  Can't wait to see if the Baby is still measuring a little big or if he is slowing it down a little bit!  The girls are getting SOOOO excited and impatient for him to get here.  Michaela pulls up my shirt every day and cuddles my belly....it is so sweet.  And, Gracie is concerned about how he is getting OUT of my belly.  ha!  I spent a lot of time this time around holding onto this pregnancy very loosely....after how hard it was to even get pregnant, part of me kept waiting for something to go wrong.  Now that I am just a few weeks short of hitting my 3rd trimester, I'm just thrilled with anticipation of adding another member to our family!  What an adventure it is going to be!

0 comments: