Saturday, August 13, 2011

August Update

Hello all!  August has arrived which means school is on my brain...even more so than usual because I am trying to be ultra-organized and have things ready way ahead so I can just go in and teach instead of stressing about lessons and getting materials ready.  The girls have been having fun "helping" me at school and cramming in some last minute summer fun before school starts Thursday the 18th....fountain park, Chuck E. Cheese, swimming, movie days, and VBS, etc.  Things have been crazy!

On the baby front, things are going great.  I am very obviously pregnant now and hit 23 weeks yesterday.  At the beginning of the week we had a dr. appointment and everything looks great...he is measuring almost a week ahead so we may be in for a big baby...we will see!  I have been thinking this month of where we were 1 year ago....August was our cut-off month with our fertility specialist...we would work with him until then and if it hadn't worked then we were done.  It didn't work, and I was devastated because I was pretty sure that was it.  Lo and behold.....God had a wonderful surprise for us after we gave up!  He is so good!

Part of me is so sad to see the summer freedom come to an end while the other part of me is craving the routine that comes with fall....I think my girls are ready for some routine as well.  All kinds of fun things will be starting up, and the girls can't wait for school.  We have Meet the Teacher Tuesday and Grace can hardly wait to meet Ms. Dunn.  I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!

Month-Long Menu Plan:
Week 1:
-Green Chicken Salad
-Tuna Casserole, Cottage Cheese, Baby Peas
-Spicy Shredded Pork Tacos (a Pioneer Woman recipe!)
-Little Smokies, Mac and Cheese, Broccoli (Gracie's special request for the first day of school!)
-Chicken and Rice Casserole, Cottage Cheese, Green Beans
-Spicy Brown Beans (another PW recipe!), Cornbread, Fried Potatoes

Week 2:
-Roasted Chicken, Squash and Zucchini, Brown Rice
-Chicken Chimichangas (Leftover Roast Chicken)
-Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese
-BBQ, Mac and Cheese, Broccoli
-Leftover BBQ with Salad, and Corn on the Cob
-Pot Roast with Vegetables and Biscuits

Week 3:
-Beef and Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls
-Pizza Night
-Veggie Pasta Salad
-Tortilla Bean Casserole
-Breakfast Casserole and Pancakes

Week 4:
- Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup
-Red Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
-Pizza Night
-Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese
-Tuna Casserole, Cottage Cheese, Peas

Whew!  We'll see how month long planning goes.  I like the idea of it and hopefully it will keep us from having the same thing all of the time!

0 comments: