Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jump Mania and a Step Towards Diaper-Free Life

Hi everyone. January has been pretty laid back for us, and I haven't taken a lot of pictures...I think I am recuperating from the amount of pictures I took in the month of December. Anyways, we went to Jump Mania yesterday and the girls had a blast. It is a place that has all kinds of inflatables in it to bounce and slide in. You pay to get in and then you can stay as long as you want. The girls had an absolute blast! We stayed about an hour and were all exhausted by the time we left. We got some really good pictures of Gracie. We tried to get some of Michaela but they all turned out blurry.






At the beginning of January, Gracie got herself dressed from head to toe all by herself...shirt, panties, pants, socks, and shoes!!! It has been wonderful and it cuts out a few minutes of our getting ready time in the mornings since Gracie can get dressed while I am getting Michaela ready.


We also had a fantastically warm day a few weeks ago and so we spent some time playing on bikes.




And, lastly, Michaela has started wanting to sit on the potty. And so it begins. We aren't really training yet, but when she wants to sit on it, we let her. We are going to bring in the little potty for her to use instead of the big one....although she looks adorable on the big one!


------------10 minutes later--------
OH MY WORD!!! As I was in the process of uploading the potty picture above, Michael brought the the little potty and Michaela pooped on it! Whoo-hoo!!! I'm still not going to be pushing the potty training thing too much, but seriously ,this is so exciting. Here is her proud moment and some other cute pictures of her:

1 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE your pictures from JumpMaia! How fun!!! We are definately going to have to try it out! Thanks for the recommendation!! GO Michaela, she is going to get the hang of this potty thing! Whoo-hoo for her parents!!! Take care friend! Thanks for the new pictures!!!!