So, one of my new year "goals" is to start praying more Scripture. Beth Moore has likened putting prayer and Scripture together as dynamite. I want my prayer life to be like dynamite. I was flipping through Psalms a couple of nights ago, trying to wind down to go to sleep since Michael was working and I was by myself. I read Psalms 139, which I have probably read a million times in my life. However, this time as I read I saw Gracie and Michaela's name all over it. As most of you moms out there I imagine, I have to give anxiety about my girls back ot the Lord on a VERY regular basis. I see a news story and worry about something similar happening to them. I worry they will pick the wrong friends when they go to school. I just flat out worry about them. I wrote the prayer out in my prayer journal based off of Psalm 39 and am sharing it with you in case you want to replace your children's names in it in your moments of anxiety.
"Father God, you know when Gracie and Michaela sit and rise. You know their their thoughts, discern their going out and lying down, you know all of their ways. You hem my girls in-behind and before-you have laid your hand upon them. (That is my favorite part!) There is nowhere they can go that you won't be- not the heavens, the depths, the wings of the dawn, the far side of the sea- no matter where they go, your hand will guide them and hold them fast. For you created Gracie. You created Michaela. You knit them together in my womb. I praise you for they are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your eyes saw their unformed bodies. All of the days ordained for them have been written in your book before even one of them came to be."
Okay, so anyways, that is one of my new favorite prayers. Hope it helps anyone else out there who has anxiety issues like me! :)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Praying Scripture.
Posted by Barr Family at 3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment