Sunday, January 24, 2010

Random

So, this blog post is going to be bulleted...because I really don't have the motivation tonight to come up with paragraphs and complete thoughts.

* Bible in 90 Days: AWESOME!!! I have been able to keep up with my reading assignments...mainly due to the fear that if I get even a day behind I will never catch up...but also do to a general excitement. Where for the first couple of weeks it was almost a chore to be checked off of my list, now it is something I crave. Just got into 1 Kings...exciting!

* Truth Project at Church: AWESOME!!! I was leery of a video series that I would be watching at 9:00 in the morning in a dark Sunday School room, but wow! Really intense and thought-provoking. What is truth? Do you really believe that what you believe is really real? Cosmic battle of truth vs. lies. All sin has a lie at it's foundation. Lies are Satan's native language. Good stuff.

* Gymnastics: The girls are still loving gymnastics, although, for some reason they have developed a slight phobia of the bars. Not sure what that is about, but hoping they push through it. Following are some cute gymnastics pictures. Sorry the quality isn't that great...the lighting was funky.











* The living room has been painted, and it looks awesome!!! Now we just have the kitchen/dining room/hall combo to complete. That is going to be the biggest job yet, and I dread it all while being totally excited to get it done!

* My baby will be 5 next week, and I can't hardly type that without hyperventilating a little bit! Seriously, 5?!!! What the heck?! She is such a grown-up little girl with a huge heart and sweet spirit. I love, love, love, love her! That sweet girl has taught me so many things...I remember holding her in the hospital the first little hug we shared, with her curled up on my chest and her little arm thrown up over my shoulder...a perfect little hug. And, now she is tall enough to throw her arms around my hips for a hug. I blinked. That's it...I blinked and here we are. The biggest thing she taught me was how much my Heavenly Father loves me. I remember thinking, "If I love her this much, how much more must God love her...and me." Gotta stop or I will turn into a puddle here.

* The girls are so lucky to have people in their lives who sew! Their Aunt Michele and Grandma Mindi. Here they are modeling the skirts that Grandma Mindi made for them. So stinkin' cute!.

0 comments: