Saturday, September 18, 2010

Menu Plan Sunday

My two-week grocery shopping is completed. I hate unloading groceries but I love opening up my refrigerator and seeing it full of all kinds of yummy things. Here is my 2 week plan for the next couple of weeks...
S- Lemon Pork Tenderloin, Crash Hot Potatoes, Glazed Carrots
M- Chicken Fajitas
T- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
W- Taco Salad, Corn, Homemade Salsa
Th- Brown Beans, Fried Potatoes, Cornbread
F- Football Game Night! Hotdogs, Cheese Dip and Chips, Fruit
S- Italian Chicken Pastina***, Broiled Broccoli, Garlic Bread
S- Potato Soup, Grilled Cheese
M- Baked Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
T- Poppyseed Chicken Casserole, Rice, Glazed Carrots
W- Leftover Baked Turkey, Corn Casserole, Mixed Vegetables
Th- Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans


I can't remember if I have posted this recipe or not before, but here is our all-time favorite chicken/pasta dish.
-1 c. mini-penne
-2 T. EVOO
-1/2 lb. chicken, bite-sized chunks
-1/2 c. diced onion
-a few cloves of garlic
-Crazy Jane's Mixed Salt
-1 can petite-diced tomatoes, with juice
-1 c. mozzarella
-1/4 c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
-salt/pepper
-1/4 c. bread crumbs
-1/4 c. parmesan
-butter

Preheat oven to 400*. Cook chicken with onion, garlic, dash of kosher salt, and Crazy Jane's in EVOO. Cook pasta in some salted water. In a separate bowl, combine mozzarella, parsley, and tomatoes. Combine everything in the mozzarella bowl to mix and coat the pasta. Transfer to a square baking dish.

Combine crumbs and parmesan. Sprinkle over top of casserole and place some small dots of butter across the top. Bake about 30 minutes.

Seriously....it is sooooo yummy. I usually double it and bake in a 9x13 so we can have leftovers the next day.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Could I maybe get your lemon pork tenderloin recipe? That sounds super yummy!