First, the fluff....here are a few cute pictures....
Gracie's last day of Kindergarten:
Michael's Graduation:
Cutie Patootie:
And, on the conviction side....I mentioned that I am doing a Bible study/Book Study. It is all about the mission of motherhood, and I am loving it so far! Today's Scripture reading was John 21:4-14.
This is the story when the disciples were out fishing one morning...after Jesus had been crucified and risen again...and appeared to them twice. They were fishing and having absolutely no luck until a man on the bank told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat. Obviously, the man was Jesus and their net was full of fish! They ran to him and had breakfast with him...and just enjoyed His presence.
I had to really think on this passage to make observations and applications for some reason this morning....but when it hit, boy, did it hit! For quite a long time now, I have off and on felt some conviction that I need to be getting up early in the mornings to meet with Jesus....before the business of the day begins. Someone once said...can't think who right now...that going into your day without sitting at the feet of Jesus is like going into a battle with no plan and no weapon. I have always been full of excuses for why this just didn't work for me....first and foremost I love my sleep! I am a mommy of 2 young children...who for much of their lives didn't always sleep through the night...when I tried to get up early, my girls just woke up earlier....like some little alarm went off in their dream that I was awake!
When I read this today though, I saw something...the disciples were in the presence of Jesus that morning and it changed the whole course of their workday. They went from frustrated to hauling more fish in than they could have dreamed---productive and blessed. I don't fish, but I have a job that I am called to....raising my children and being a godly wife to my husband. I know that God was telling me today that I have to figure out a way to meet with him in the mornings. I tried really hard to ignore it...but, He wasn't going to let it go. So, as I said in another post, I'm going to institute this whole thing of the girls not being able to get out of bed until there is a 7 on the clock. So, I am going to get up at 6:00. Even typing that makes me want to delete this whole post because...well, it's summer and 6:00? See, another excuse! If anyone else is in the habit or wanting to start the habit of getting up early to meet with God....let me know and maybe we can hold each other accountable!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Fluff and Conviction
Posted by Barr Family at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow! Awesome! I really need to do this too. I have gotten out of the habit since Jack hasn't been sleeping through the night but that is no excuse! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment