I am officially in my second trimester! Yay! My all day sickness has gotten a bit better....I have a few breaks in the day where I feel decent....although a week ago I caught some kind of a cold that has turned into a sinus infection so it's been hard to tell how good or bad I am actually feeling because of baby #3. I have my next dr. appointment in a week so I will be anxious to go hear a heartbeat again so *hopefully* I can relax a bit.
School is out! I can't believe my Gracie has finished Kindergarten! We got her grade card and she is doing great in everything! I am so proud of her. She was excited but a little sad that it was her last day because she said she will miss her friends. But we are looking forward to all of the fun summer activities that we will be doing! Since I have had more than enough time resting on the couch over the past weeks, I have spent a lot of time thinking and planning our summer. I want it to be so much fun, and I also want to set a flexible routine for our days together....my girls thrive with routine. We are also going to be starting a chore system...just not quite sure what that is going to look like. Another new routine we are going to start working on is not getting out of bed until the clock has a 7 on it. I saw this idea online where they covered up the minute numbers and posted a 7 next to the clock so they can look and see if the hour number matches the 7. My girls are notorious early risers and I am hoping this helps me get up and around before them so I can get some quiet time with God in before our day starts. They will be able to read books or play with a toy in their bed if they wake up earlier than 7, but they will have to stay in their beds! We'll see how it goes! :) I have an awful lot of plans that may or may not work, but at least I am going into our summer with some idea of what the heck we are going to do! Better than no plan, right?
I have come across a few good links....check them out if you want:
How To Make Your Kids Hate Church Ouch...some good reminders about how important it is that we live out in the day to day what we are teaching our children.
The Danger of Moralistic Parenting What am I teaching my children about God and the Bible?
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade This looks amazing....and I believe we will be having these at some point in the summer.
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Sunday Links
Posted by Mrs. Amanda at 9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment