Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Half Birthday!!!


Six months ago today our little family of three became a family of four. These past six months have absolutely flown by. All day today I have been feeling a little nostalgic. Michaela was such a tiny little thing when she was born...hardly an ounce of fat on her little body. Now she has little rolls on her legs and a double chin! Sleeping away her days has ended and she is truly beginning to interact with us. Her little face lights up when she sees us, her little legs and arms start flying all over the place when we go in to get her out of her crib in the morning, and she is sitting up by herself. We don't have our midnight "dates" in her nursery rocking chair anymore, and it is a rare occurance that we have our early early morning snuggle/nursing time in Mommy's bed. I couldn't be more thankful for her healthy development and progress, but I can't help wishing time would slow down just a little bit.
I am uploading a few pictures from today of my "big girl!"

I am also uploading a few pictures of my other "big girl," who is about to drive me crazy with wanting to get into everything. Yesterday, we started off the day with her getting into my mascara.
She moved on to the kitchen where she dumped a box of baby oatmeal (pain in the rear to get that cleaned up!). As the afternoon progressed, she drew on her arms with a pen, and dumped a half bottle of baby lotion all over her legs and carpet. Her legs literally looked covered in shaving cream! When I walked in and saw her she jerked her hands up in the air as though surrendering, and said, "It's okay Mommy, It's okay." Grrrrr. I figured I had two choices...laugh or cry, so I chose to laugh. And I know everyone is saying to themselves, "Amanda, put all of that stuff out of her reach." Yes, I know. Everything was out of her reach. She has gotten sneaky and has started moving things to stand on so she can get to what she wants. Oh, and today she pulled the diaper bag down off the washer and got into my lipstick...she seems to be a little obsessed with make up! I am captioning this picture, "Don't come near my lipstick!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to smile and chuckle to myself when I saw the picture of Gracie with the mascara. Michaela is growing so much! Keep the pictures comeing. It is such a joy to see them.
Love you guys,Grandma Mindi

Anonymous said...

LOVE the mascara and lipstick! That just cracks me up. Your girls are so great, and I'm so happy to live next door!

~Addie