Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Aquababies


Hi everyone. Hope you all are enjoying the beautiful weather and getting outside as much as you can. We have been spending big chunks of our time in the backyard. It's a little paradise for Gracie with her swingset, pool, sandbox, and of course the good old hose which she loves to have sprayed so she can run through it. Michaela also enjoys swinging and usually falls asleep or giggles at Gracie swinging next to her. Gracie is really starting to enjoy the water this summer...she loves her kiddie pool...no fear there. This past weekend we spent several hours on a pontoon boat on Table Rock Lake with my family and she actually got into the water out in the middle of the lake!!! This is huge! She didn't stay in it for more than a minute but hey, she got in and didn't cry.



Then, yesterday, we started her Aquababies class at the Y. She absolutely loved it...a litte nervous at first, but got used to it right away and even went under water. Okay, so she had no choice about the going under part but she didn't cry! You count to three, dunk them, and raise them up and away. Supposedly, this helps them not suck in a bunch of water. Not sure how it works, but she didn't get choked so it must work. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her face the first time I lifted her out...eyes as big as I have ever seen them and mouth wide open. She didn't cry but did give me a look that said, "What the heck was that, and why the heck did you dunk me?" We get to go again on Thursday and we are looking forward to it. Michaela is not so impressed with the water...at the lake and in our kiddie pool I have put her feet in the water and she cries every time...must be too cold for her. We will have to keep trying! Talk to everyone soon! love, Amanda

2 comments:

The Courtneys said...

I can't wait to see how my children react to the water. I want them to be little river rats like their father but I don;t know. Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, thanks for the pictures! Your girls are adorable! Braden loves the water and we start swim lessons next week. Just give Michaela a little more time, she will change her mind!