Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gracie's "God Created..." book

Hi everyone. Gracie has been working for the past week and a half on a "God created..." book. We did one day of God's creation at a time, read about what He made, and then illustrated it. She has worked really hard and has enjoyed doing it. It is so much fun to see her learning things about God. And, I am so proud of her for memorizing her first Bible verse. Sometimes she still needs a little help with it, but most of the time she can do it all by herself.
She is learning how to do a sorting activity that I used to do with my kindergarteners. When we were learning about the day that God made the flying animals and swimming animals, we did a game with two columns and pictures of both kinds of animals. She had to sort them into the right categories. We did the same thing with day and night pictures for Day One. She has played them both many times since and loves it! Today we learned that there is a "mommy" A and a "baby" a. A little challenging for her to understand they are both the same letter, but she is starting to get it. I cut out squares with either an 'A' or 'a' on them. She had to match the mommies and babies up and had fun with that. She is loving these learning activities and I am loving watching her learn.
We do these activities when Michaela is taking a nap alot of times, but when she is up she either "helps" or sits at the table with puzzles, toys, or crayons and paper. I am going to try to keep all of these activites that I am doing with Gracie so that I can do them again when Michaela is ready.

Here is a video of Gracie reading her book.

0 comments: