Hi everyone. Everyone who knows me knows how strongly I feel about abortion...how I get on my soapbox every now and then about it. I'm not going to get on a soapbox about it tonight...I could, but I'm already up past my bedtime. However, I feel it is so important for people to voice their opinions and do their part to effect change.
First of all, did you know that Planned Parenthood receives millions of dollars annually from tax dollars? A part of my taxes is actually helping the organization kill babies every day. I don't know how that sits with you, but it makes me sick to my stomach and sick at heart. If you feel that your tax dollars should not go to Planned Parenthood, I encourage you to visit: www.aclj.org It is the American Center for Law and Justice. They fight in the courts to ensure that religious freedom and freedom of speech are protected. They do a lot of wonderful things. Anyways, go there and follow the link to sign the petition to stop the government from funding Planned Parenthood. It may not feel like you are doing much, but every little bit helps.
A few facts about Planned Parenthood:
**PP has performed over 3 million abortions since 1970.
**PP encourages sexual activity amongst teenagers by teaching them that it is "part of a process of achieving sexual maturity."
**PP ridicules abstinence as a reasonable teaching method of birth control and characterizes abstinence-only education as "teaching homophobia."
**PP feels that there should be no parental consent necessary for a young girl to get an abortion...and although that is mandatory in some states, PP has been under investigation for breaking this law.
**PP recently challenged a ban on partial birth abortion. If you don't know what that consists of see my previous post about it....it truly is infanticide.
**A PP branch was recently busted by an undercover investigation in which they accepted a donation of money that was to be used to abort black babies only.
**PP's founder, Margaret Sanger, has some disturbing quotes recorded:
"Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race."
"The unbalance between the birth rate of the 'unfit' and the 'fit,' [is] the greatest present menace to civilization… the most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective."
And, I have to wonder....PP is so adamantly opposed to abstinence education in schools...saying it doesn't work, that it is impossible for most hormonal teens to carry out, that by providing all kinds of birth control to teens they are protecting them. So teens learn how to use all of the methods of birth control correctly in health classes...which ones are most effective, which ones protect from what, and so forth. And yet, teens are still getting pregnant every day. And, PP is still getting paid to perform abortions every day. What would happen to PP if more teens were taught that they can control their hormones...that it really is more beneficial for them to wait until marriage for sex...that it is possible to make it out of your teen years without any need for birth control. Hmmm...PP would suffer a financial loss wouldn't they? Could it be that PP's supposed noble ideas of protecting women from the inconvenience of a baby is truly out of concern for their own pocketbooks?
Okay, so I got on a little bit of a soapbox. I know most of you get on here to see pictures of my girls and hear what is going on with us....not to get an earful on my views on social issues. I can't help it. As I get older and as I see my babies growing up into little girls, I know that I am going to blink and they will be teenagers, faced with all sorts of pressures and ideas that don't line up with God's standards. I worry sometimes about what kind of world my girls are going to have to face in the years to come. If I can do any little thing to help turn the tide of ungodly things that our country seems so set on following (abortion, taking God out of everything, etc.), I will do it and encourage others to do so as well. So, anyway, sign the petition if abortion, and the biggest provider of abortions, Planned Parenthood, sickens you as much as it does me. Sign your name to uphold life. If you think that this is making a big deal out of nothing...that it is every woman's right to choose...well, at least make sure you are educated in what you are supporting. I have found that so many people who support the idea of abortion do not even know how abortions are performed and what actually take place. Surf the Internet a little bit and read in detail abortion procedures, read about what that baby experiences, look at pictures of aborted babies (I have been told pictures are on the net although I don't know what websites...I have seen pictures before back in high school and the images are so burned in my mind that I won't ever need to see another picture as long as I live), and see if what you read doesn't make your stomach turn. And if you are pro-choice and the thought of looking at the pictures doesn't sit well with you, maybe you should rethink your position. If you can't look at it...how can you possible agree with it?
Okay, seriously, I'm off my soapbox for the night...I have to get to bed. Although, now I am all worked up. :) Have a good day.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Not a Soapbox....okay, maybe a little soapbox
Posted by Barr Family at 9:16 PM
Labels: Christian Worldview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I would just like to state for the record that my wife rocks!!!! Informed, smart, sexy and a great wife and mother who loves God. WOW! Talk about the total package.
Post a Comment