I can't believe September is already half over! I love fall weather. It is my absolute favorite. I have had to dig some warmer clothes out for the girls and I just love it! Preschool is still going good. Gracie has definetly fallen into a certain comfort level there and does really good most of the time. It's hard sharing her mommy sometimes though. I had to just look at her when she called to me from across the room, "Mrs. Amanda." I just about died! I told her she could still call me Mommy at school so it's about half and half.
One of my favorite things about fall is the start of Ladies' Bible Study at my church. We are doing a study about discerning the voice of God which I am LOVING so far. It is very applicable to me because I am always wondering if it is God's voice I am hearing in certain circumstances or just my own wants or desires.
I thought I would share some new pictures with you from September.




On another note, a sad day has come for me. I came to the realization the other day that I can't just eat and drink whatever I want anymore. My obsession with Dr. Pepper is quickly coming to an end. Oh, the tragedy. I am sure I will still drink it on occasion, but not every day...or several times a day. :) My goal is to lose 20 pounds by February. We'll see how it goes. Here are a few of my action steps:
1. Work out more. I was doing this fairly consistently before I started teaching again and it just messed up my whole routine. So, I am building more time in for that.
2. Eating and sitting down when the girls eat their meals. I am really bad about fixing the girls something to eat and then trying to get stuff done like unloading the dishwasher or doing a load of laundry while they are happily entertained at the table. I do get stuff done that way, but then I don't do so well with eating a balanced meal...I tend to snack throughout the day.
3. Bread, Bread, Bread. Need I say more?
4. Not eating anything after dinner. A bad habit I have picked up since Michael started working nights. I have to stay up in order to get him up to go to work and I end up snacking before bed.
So, we will give it a try and see how it goes. I have only had 1 Dr. Pepper in the last 3 days...and just half a can at that! I can't go completely cold turkey. My head hurt so bad from the lack of caffeine that I thought I was going to die so I drank just enough to make myself feel better. Gosh, take out the word Dr. Pepper and people would think they were reading the blog of an alcoholic. :)
It's just so sad that I don't have the metabolism of a 20 year old anymore. :( Oh well. Such is life.
Things on the house are progressing. We are still scheduled to close at the end of the month. The inspection went good and the owner is currently repairing a few things and then we should be good to go. Now that I know it is so close, I can hardly wait to get out of here! Big deck and backyard here we come!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
September Fun
Posted by Barr Family at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I can totally relate to your part about weight loss! I have a terrible soda and carb habit too! But, I really want to loose weight and look and feel good! Thanks for giving me a little encouragement! Oh, and thanks for the tip about the exercise ball. We will definetly be trying that!
Post a Comment