Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap and the Party That Didn't Happen

Whew! Talk about a crazy past couple of days. I can't believe Christmas has come and gone. We had a fantastic Christmas with all of our family. We celebrated with the Barr Family a couple of days ago. Christmas Round Two kicked off on Christmas Eve morning where we met up with my mom, Dad, Grandma, and her husband, Bob at Hemingways for Chrismtas brunch. We then went back to my parents' house where Michele and Jay met us and we ate until we couldn't eat anymore, watched 'Elf,' and just had a good time together. I didn't take any pictures, but my mom did so I will be anxious to see them.
Christmas day was a full day...Christmas morning here with just us, to my parents' house around 9, and to my Grandma's around noon. We had such a wonderful time with everyone.
As Christmas day was drawing to a close, I put the girls to bed early and started gearing up for Michaela's 2nd birthday which is today. We were to have a party today at 2:00. However, in the middle of the night on Christmas night I woke up sick. When the girls woke up the next morning, Michaela was sick, and by 2:00 yesterday afternoone, Gracie was sick. So, obviously, we had to cancel the party today. And if that wasn't bad enough, Michael's mom and stepdad had come to spend the weekend with us...to do Christmas and Mimi's birthday. They were brave souls and hung around with us Friday, but decided to hit the road back home that evening. We still got to do Christmas with them, but it was a little more subdued than usual.
I think we have all turned a corner and are on the mend. Poor little Mimi spent her birthday sick and it just was no fun at all, but we are going to have a party for her in a couple of days.
Wishing you all HEALTH and happiness!

0 comments: