So, it has been awhile since I have posted. We have been busy, and I have lots of pictures for you...so sit back and get comfy...you may be here awhile....
*We got to see Santa! Gracie was thrilled to tell him she wanted a kite and make-up for Christmas. And, Michaela didn't cry this year! whoo-hoo!
*Michael graduated!!!! He will still be taking some classes but it won't be anything like the program he just graduated from. I am so proud of him!!!
*We shared Christmas with the Barr's! We packed in 3 rounds of Christmas into a weekend! We had such a good time with everyone, and the girls have been enjoying their new toys.
*We had a playgroup with our friends and made reindeer food and candy cane reindeer!
*And, here is the new Barr house decorated for Christmas. We didn't go as all out as usual this year...we are still trying to figure out where all of our everyday things go, let alone Christmas stuff. We haven't gotten our two shelves hung up yet that we usually use for displaying a lot of our Christmas things so we didn't have room for everything. Also, I forgot to take a picture of our Willow Angels Nativity Set...it's in an odd place this year...on top of the fridge! It's the only place little hands can't get to it easily! Enjoy!
This is our tree, live wreath, and our Christmas countdown chain that we are using to count down the number of "sleeps" that are left before Jesus' birthday!
Every year we get or make the girls a special Christmas ornament so that they will have a box of ornaments to take with them when they leave home. This is Gracie's first Christmas ornament that I looked for forever trying to find just the right one:
This is Gracie's second Christmas ornament (2006).
This is Gracie's third Christmas ornament (2007). We got Snow White because she was Show White for Halloween that year and really got "into" the Disney Princesses.
This is her 2008 ornament. She made it at school with Mrs. Kathy. A little Christmas angel...
This is Michaela's first Christmas ornament. (2007)
We are in the process of making her 2008 ornament right now, but it's not done yet so it's not on the tree yet....
This is Michael's ornament to commemorate him graduating this year.
And, this is one of my favorite Christmas ornaments of all time that I took with me when I got married. My dad got this for me when I was little.
These are our stockings:
These are our "Adornaments." Every night we put a new one on the tree. Each night is a different name for Jesus...Immanuel, The Bread, The Living Water, The True Vine, The Lion of Judah, etc. Gracie has really been having a good time with these.
This is a little corner in the kitchen featuring my brand new fiestaware canisters. Aren't they pretty. I love this little corner with the Christmas decorations up against the white tile.
This is another little corner I carved out to display my snowmen and Christmas cards.
Wow, that was a lot of pictures....and just think, we still have Christmas day, Chrismtas with the girls Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Mindi, and Michaela's 2nd birthday coming up all in the next week or so!
Hope you all have a wonderuful Christmas!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Get comfortable
Posted by Barr Family at 10:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment