Well, we made it! Gracie is now a Kindergartener, and she did wonderful! I woke up fighting tears I think! She was ready though...when we got to her classroom, she was a little nervous. She put her things at her cubby and found her little seat. This was about the time Mama started finding it difficult to talk so Dad had to take over! I wore my sunglasses the whole time to try to hide my eyes! ;) As soon as she opened her schoolbox and saw that Mrs. Wallace had sharpened her pencils she said, "Well...isn't that thoughtful?" and promptly said, "Bye mom." Sharpened pencils....my daughter's love language apparently. So, we promptly left and I went to the car and had a few minutes of the ugly cry while driving to my school to teach for our first day at the preschool! What a day! Gracie loved Kindergarten and is excited to go back tomorrow!
This is the heart I drew on her hand so that if she missed me during the day she could look at it to remember that Mommy, Daddy, and Jesus loves her, and that we would pick her up soon. Worked like a charm.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Kindergarten
Posted by Barr Family at 6:46 PM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE the heart idea. I may have to steal that one for next year with Kadyn. I SOOO get the crying thing. I started tearing up at the thought of next year a week ago.
It is such a small world! Gracie is adorable. I'm so glad she had a good first day of school. I think my sis-in-law is absolutely wonderful and I hope they have a great year together!
Post a Comment