Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sneaky, Sneaky

I remember bringing extra make-up to school in junior high. My mom let me wear very basic powder and lipgloss type of make-up, but I would bring blush and mascara to school and put it on at my desk during homeroom....along with just about every other girl in my class.

Well, my little Grace didn't sneak make-up to school, but she is one smart little girl. We had a small battle this morning over what she was going to wear to school today. She is skirt-obsessed. She wants to wear one every day. Well, most of her skirts were being washed so horror of horrors, she was going to have to wear shorts. First she glared at me, then she stomped around the house, told me I was ruining her life, and finally seemed to accept her short-wearing fate.

Since today was my day working at the preschool, her Papa came over to take her to school. Imagine my surprise when I went to pick her up today after school and she looked like a little hobo that got dressed in the dark. She was wearing the purple shirt she had on before I left today, but she had dug the blue skirt she wore yesterday out of the laundry. I'm sure she just smiled and looked cute and Papa was defenseless. She got a very guilty expression on her face as soon as she saw me....busted! She promised me that she would never do it again!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

hehe. I think it is funny. And in our house it wouldn't matter what mama had said, if it wouldn't hurt anything then PaPa would let her do it. I'm sure PaPa just thought she was cute :)

dbilberry said...

Oh dear, teenage behaviors so early. Is this what I have to look forward in only one year? We don't have many outfit battles yet. I set out several outfits for her and she gets to pick which one she wants to wear and it works pretty good for us....so far. The only outfit battles we have are about not wearing her dress up clothes (princess dresses) the entire day. I can only imagine what will happen though when she starts going to school with other little girls. I've always babysat boys her age so she hasn't been too obsessed with clothing yet.