I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet...I think I thought I did but really had only posted pictures to facebook. I have been doing Beth Moore's bible studies since 2005, and I LOVE them! I'm pretty sure we would be great friends if I knew her in real life! Ha! Well, when I found out she was coming to St. Louis, I was so excited. My best friend and I, along with our moms, headed to St. Louis and had the most wonderful time...and learned so much about being image-bearers of Christ. The event was 2 days, and I seriously could have sat and listened to her for hours more.
Something that really stood out to me as I was surrounded by this massive crowd of women was the different ways of worship....I'm sure there were many denominations represented in the crowd, and just as many worship styles. What was wonderful was during the songs, which were amazing, I was struck by how all of these women, from a gazillion different backgrounds and situations, most only knowing a few other women that had come with them, were worshiping the same God in their own distinct way. It was wonderful....maybe a little glimpse of what heaven will be like.
Here are some pictures of our fun trip!
Waiting for it to get started:
Mrs. Beth Moore:
Travis Cottrell and the Praise Team:
Mrs. Beth Moore again...Day 2
While we were in St. Louis, we also did some fun things...went to this amazing bakery, went to the Cathedral Basilica, and ate at a great Italian place on the Hill, and on our way home stopped at another fabulous resteraunt that was so yummy!
***Be sure and pause the music to the right:
Here are a few songs by Travis Cottrell...he is one of my favorite singers.
'2000 Years'
This next song is one of my girl's absolute favorite songs about Jesus...and mine too...Listen to it...it will give you chills. My girls get so excited during the part..."Then, bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave He rose again..." Michaela calls it the "Jesus Die" song, but then she always makes sure we know that He didn't stay "died". :) Several other artists have done this song too, but this is by far the best version ever! I don't know why the words aren't centered...sorry.
On another note, my other favorite singer, Jeremy Camp, just released a new album and I am so excited to get my hands on it. This is one of my other favorite songs. We sing it at church and I love it:
Friday, August 27, 2010
Living Proof Live
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment