We had the absolute sweetest conversation with Gracie tonight. She is in the habit of cuddling with Michael in our bed on his worknights while I put Michaela down. I went in and snuggled down with them this evening, and we were having a great time cuddling and listening to Gracie's stories. We have been introducing the concept of God as the Creator of everything to her lately. We ask her different questions like, "Who made the trees? Who made Michaela and Gracie? etc." She was telling us God made all of those things and then she told us that God was her friend. The conversation was as follows:
Gracie: He is my favorite friend.
Me: Is God big?
G: (big eyes and nodding her head yes) Probably big and small.
Me: What does he look like?
G: He wears a hat. A pink hat!
Me: What does he do?
G: He likes to play with my dollhouse.
Me: Does God talk to you?
G: He tells me that cows say moo.
Our conversation went on for a little while longer along the same lines, and I have to say- it was such a silly conversation but such a heartwarming one. I love that she is understanding that God is her friend...and I know God got a good chuckle out of that pink hat comment! Who knows, she may have a better understanding of God than the rest of us. Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Faith of a Child
Posted by Barr Family at 8:42 PM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment