Hi everyone. Michaela is still fighting a fever so I am developing a case of cabin fever. Her fever started Friday and late in the day we hit 104.5 which scared the you-know-what out of me, but it went back down quickly after a tepid bath and another dose of Tylenol. Today we are sitting between 101 and 102....an improvement. We talked to the doctor's office again today and were given the option to bring her on in to be looked at by the doctor on call this weekend, but the nurse said that it sounds like we are just going to have to wait it out....she is eating and drinking fine, has had normal diapers, and has no other symptoms like runny nose, ear pulling, cough, etc. So, I opted to keep her at home today and take her in tomorrow morning if she still has a fever. Poor girl...she gets up and plays every once in awhile...it is just short-lived. I am ready to get out and do something...anything...but Michael has been working all weekend so I am kind of stuck. However, tonight I may actually get to go to church and Michael may stay here with the girls. Yay.
On another note, Michael had his orientation all day Friday and came home with a somewhat "deer in the headlights" look. The instructors laid it all out for them and I think put a little bit of the fear of God into them. The rules are pretty strict and the schedule is going to be absolutely insane. These first eight weeks aren't going to be awful but from there on out it will be pretty intense and time consuming. Only so many hours can be missed (which I can't remember the number but it wasn't very much at all) before you are out...and when I say out, I mean out of the program...done...whether you are sick, in the hospital, or at a funeral...it doesn't matter...if they miss more than the limit you are done. They have weekly quizzes and if they get less than 8 out of 10 on even just one they are done. I don't think he is going to have any trouble in that area...it is just a lot of pressure. So, keep him in your prayers as we enter this new season in our lives.
For him, pray:
1) He will adjust to the new schedule and requirements easily
2) He will find a good balance between studying and time with the girls
For me, pray:
1) More energy...I am going to be on my own a lot more with the girls and will need added patience and energy
2) That I will be a blessing of encouragement for him
The girls, pray:
1) Start sleeping through the night...resulting in my added energy
2) Adjust to the new schedule
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Cabin Fever
Posted by Barr Family at 12:21 PM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You poor thing! I hope everyone is feeling better today!
Hey, once Michaela starts feeling better, why don't you bring the girls over here one night and we can order a pizza and watch movies? I have my share of kids movies - you know me and my love of anything animated. Matt has a bunch of games coming up so he won't be home, and we could have a fun girl's night!!
Good luck to Michael - that schedule/pressure sounds nasty. You guys will be in our prayers!!
Addie
Wow, guys. We totally understand the craziness of being in school and having a family. You will all be in our prayers. And feel free to call anytime you need an empathetic ear!
Post a Comment