Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The never-ending tornado warnings

Hi everyone. Thanks for the emails checking on us after the crazy storms last night. There was a huge line of tornado producing storms last night that came right through here over and over and over again. The tornado sirens seem to always be going off around here so when I first heard them I wasn't too worried until I turned on the news and even the weathermen were sounding worried and talking about going off the air to take cover. One channel had a little storm tracker thing that showed what areas the storm was going to hit and what time so that was helpful. I loaded up the flashlight and phone, crib mattress, pillows, and comforter and threw them into the girls' walk-in closet. It wasn't even raining here yet, and then up on the storm tracker pops up Valley Water Mill at 6:13. I started panicking then. I loaded up the girls and we got in the closet, which the girls thought was great fun. I had the girls' radio turned on real loud in there room so I could hear and sure enough at about 6:15, the radio went to static, the lights were flickering, and it sounded awful outside. The storm went right over us, but thankfully, no tornado dropped on us. All in all, we were in and out of the closet about 5 times last night, and the girls didn't go to bed until about 10:30. There's quite a bit of damage around town and surrounding areas and a couple of people were killed. Scary stuff. Good old Ozarks weather.

0 comments: