Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing great. Things here are good with the exception of little Mimi-bug being under the weather. She was fine all day today and suddenly got very cranky and fussy. When I picked her up she felt a little warm. Michael got home shortly after and thought she felt pretty warm too so we took her temp. and it shot up to 102.7. She has been pretty cuddly and tries to play every once in awhile with Gracie, but she doesn't last too long. She doesn't really have any other symptoms...just the fever so I am hoping whatever she has won't last too long. Her temp. peaked at 103, but Tylenol is helping so hopefully our night won't be too long.
Every year at this time I always tell myself that I am going to start getting serious about devotions...to start reading the Bible every day. And, I usually do pretty good for a little while and then I become pretty inconsistent. I think I have always tried to read too much in one day without really trying to figure out how I can apply the Scripture to my life. I am a fast reader and I would get to the end of a couple of chapters and think, "What in the world did I just read?" So, my goal this year is to still read the Bible every day, but I have found a great new devotional that is so do-able. I just thought I would pass it along in case anyone else had the same goal for 2008. My mom told me the Charles Stanley has a FREE magazine that he sends out every month. It has articles and a short Scripture to read every day. Then he shares his thoughts on the verses in a few paragraphs. Seriously you guys...this is so do-able for anyone who has little kids because the passages are usually only 5-10 verses long and the commentary is so easy to understand ans applicable. By reading just a few short verses at a time, I can really ponder the meaning and application for my own life. Just go to intouch.org
and go to the magazine tab to order your copy. If you don't want the hard copy sent, you can also read in online. Just an idea...
Friday, January 11, 2008
Quiet Time
Posted by Barr Family at 8:54 PM
Labels: Christian Worldview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment