Sunday, April 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Okay, I am back on track with Meal Planning. We always save so much money when I think ahead of time and plan around our schedule and around sale papers. I am going to *hopefully* start posting a Meal Plan every Monday and connect up to "'The Organizing Junkie's" blog. She does a big thing every Monday where all kinds of blogs hook up and share their meal plans and recipes. Her website is in the sidebar. Check it out on Mondays and get some new recipes. I am also going to try to include recipes every once in awhile. I usually send out good ones that we try to a group of friends, but I think they all read this so I'm just going to post them on here.

Anyway, here is what our week looks like:

*Monday: Tuna Casserole, Frozen Peas, Peaches
*Tuesday: Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders, Couscous with Mushrooms, Steamed Broccoli
*Wednesday: Pizza, Some type of frozen vegetable medley
*Thursday: Oven Barbecued Chicken, Potatoes and Onions Cooked in Foil Packet, Green Beans, Pears
*Friday: Pancakes, Eggs, Yogurt
*Saturday: Company coming in...not sure yet

Our lunches usually consist of sandwiches or leftovers from the night before.

Tuna Casserole: super easy and super quick
-1 package egg noodles, cooked and drained (I don't usually use the whole bag...eyeball it...I'm going to say about 3/4 of a bag)
*Combine:
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 c. milk
*Add:
-1-2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked apart
-shredded cheddar to taste
*Combine tuna mixture and cooked noodles. Pour into a square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese to taste.
*Cook at 350* for about 30 minutes.
****Note: You can also throw in some peas.
****Since I don't have an exact measurement for the noodles I make more than what I usually need and add only so much at a time to the tuna mixture to make sure I don't get too many in...if you get too many noodles in, the casserole will end up dry. Also, I use the wide egg noodles...NOT the extra wide. They don't work as well for some reason.

This was one of the very first things I could actually make well. Poor Michael ate it at least once a week when we first got married!

5 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :)

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend :)

mom_of2boys said...

You menu looks good! The Crunch Parmesan Chicken Tenders sound really good!

Have a great week!

Katie said...

I agree... planning ahead saves so much money and time! It can be so easy to get off track! I cracked up when I read about Michael having to eat tuna casserole once a week! Nick had to eat Hamburger Helper and stiry fry once a week!

Anonymous said...

Great Menu! Tuna casserole is comfort food for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.