I'm up late tonight...waiting for Michael to get home from work. I actually have all of the housework done that I can do while the girls are sleeping and have some time to kill....so, here's a fun little survey of 5's that I saw on someone else's blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago - Spring of 1998
1. Getting ready for senior prom and high school graduation.
2. Still trying to convince my parents to spend a gazillion dollars to go to SBU...thank goodness I didn't go there or I may never have met Michael.
3. Going on my first cruise! Good times.
4. Agonizing over what to wear for senior pictures.
5. Staying up to all hours of the night at sleepovers with my friends. We'd all gather at someone's house and sprawl ourselves out all over the living room and talk and giggle until we fell asleep.
Five things on my to-do list today (we'll go with tomorrow since its nighttime)
1. Workout at the Y
2. Rearrange the furniture in the girls' room.
3. Clean out my closet.
4. Vacuum
5. Go to a school-based workshop to earn some professional development hours to reactivate my teaching certificate.
Five snacks I enjoy
1. Natural White Cheddar Puffs
2. Any kind of cereal
3. Dove Dark Chocolate
4. Icecream
5. Fruit
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Tithe big.
2. Support missionaries and go on lots of mission trips.
3. Help ourselves, our families, and our friends pay off debt. And buy our moms and sisters their dream houses.
4.Sponsor lots of kids through Compassion International
5. Go on LOTS of vacations...Europe, Hawaii, cruises, Australia...the list could go on and on...and bring our friends and family with us
Five of my bad habits
1. Staying up too late.
2. Wasting time on the computer!
3. Waiting too long between haircuts and highlight appointments.
4. Dr. Pepper, Dr. Pepper, and again....Dr. Pepper
5. Biting my nails.
Five places I have lived
1. Springfield, MO
2. Texas...I don't think it was in Dallas, but close to it...maybe Fort Worth? I can't remember. I only have a handful of memories from Texas...
a)getting the crap stung out of me by fire ants
b)seeing a movie about killer bees at a little girl named Shannon's (I think?) house that scared me to death
c) the older girl across the street who was snobby to me because I was younger than her
d)the icecream truck
e)getting food poisoning at the same time as my mom and being miserable
f) my dad bringing baby chicks home for some reason and watching them swim in the bathtub
g)the stuffed Ewok (have no idea how to spell that...from Star Wars I think..right?) that someone brought me when they came to visit...I think it was from my Uncle Mike and Aunt Kelly. Anyways, it made some little Ewok sound when you squeezed it and it's eyes flashed.
4. Springfield again...back in the same house.
5. Springfield apartment during college...where Michael and I first kissed.
6. Our first house...what Michael and I lovingly refer to as the ghetto house...it was a cute little house that was unfortunately not in the best part of town.
7. Our little suburb house
8. The Greens that we are in now
Okay, so that was more than 5, but hey, I've lived in more than 5 places!
Five jobs I’ve had
1. Wee-Care Developmental Center...through high school
2. SMSU Meyer Library...the only good thing about that job was working with Meghan...everyone else in our office was either a pervert, addicted to some kind of substance, or had his/her head stuck up the boss's rear end.
3. Redeemer Lutheran Preschool
4. Kindergarten Aide at Willard
5. Kindergarten Teacher at Willard
*Adding number 6. I have to add what I am doing now...full-time stay at home mom...by far, the hardest job I have ever had.
Five People I Will Still Be Friends with Five Years From Now:
1. The Courtneys
2. The Williams
3. The Metges
4. The Crowes
5. The Harshmans
Five Things I Want to Pass on to My Children:
1. First and foremost, that Jesus Christ is the one true way to salvation and that God will always love them.
2. To have self-respect and to not settle for less than God's best for them.
3. The importance of studying the Bible for themselves and not just accepting everyone's words and interpretations of verses at face value.
4. To be well mannered and kind people.
5. To have compassion on people who are in less fortunate situations.
Five Things I Want to Accomplish This Year:
1. To have enough self-discipline to get up before the girls do to spend some time in the Word and with Jesus.
2. To be consistent and fair in my discipline with the girls.
3. To quit drinking so much Dr. Pepper...I am working on it...slowly but surely.
4. To get out of my comfort zone a little more often in reaching out to people.
5. To manage my time more wisely.
Five of my Pet Peeves:
1. Consistent tardiness
2. Bad service at restaurants
3. Big kids in little kid play areas being rowdy and rough
4. Parents who do not watch their children in public play areas
5. The amount of crap that is on television...cussing, sex, violence, etc.
Five Things I Feel Passionately About:
1. Jesus is Life.
2. Abortion is absolutely wrong.
3. It is my job as a parent of a child to be a parent...not my child's best friend.
4. Children are a blessing from God and should be treated as such.
5. The Bible is truth...every single bit of it...from Noah and the flood, Jonah being swallowed by a big fish, Daniel in the Lion's Den, Jesus' miracles, Jesus' death and resurrection, etc.
Five Memories I Want To Remember Forever:
1. The night Michael and I first said "I love you." (after a wedding and over a dinner that I made for him)
2. Seeing the word 'pregnant' for the first time on the test after trying for so long to get pregnant...and the second time too...I was just as excited and nervous the second time I saw that word as I was the first time.
3. Seeing my babies' faces for the first time.
4. Hearing Gracie say "I love you." for the first time completely unprompted. (looking forward to that day with Michaela)
5. Can I just include every smile, giggle, word, cuddle, hug, wet kiss, and all of the moments in between of my girls?
So now that you know some random useless facts about me, you should be able to make it through the rest of your day! :) I know you were all on the edge of your seats wondering about all of this stuff huh?
Monday, April 21, 2008
Survey
Posted by Barr Family at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a fun survey!! Thanks for sharing!! I hope your day is awesome!!!
Post a Comment