Hi all. Just thought I'd share a new job opportunity that fell in my lap today that I would appreciate your prayers for in making my decision.
The Willard North principal called today. She is also in charge of the Willard Preschool. They are in need of a part-time preschool teacher. Mornings only and 2 or 3 days a week...my preference, which I am thinking 2. Get this...20 bucks an hour! Work 8 hours a week and get paid for 10....plus Gracie would get to come for free. The only hitch in the plan is that Michaela would not be able to come until she turned two. I would start at the end of August...so I would have a few months in there that we would have to find childcare for Michaela for those 2 mornings a week until her 2nd birthday. We have all but decided this is a great opportunity for me and for the girls too as they would get to do preschool and I would be in the same building with them! We just have to cover the childcare thing for those few months. And actually we may only need it 1 time a week b/c Michael may be able to cover one of the days. I will probably meet with Mrs. Bishop next week to pound out the specifics, and I just ask that you all will pray that we find the right person to watch Michaela from August to December. I am really excited about it.
Pray, pray, pray!
Also, I sent out an email so most of you probably got this, but we changed our phone service so it would be cheaper. We don't have long distance anymore...so if we normally call you long distance, we will be emailing you more. And, we don't have caller id anymore so I will be doing a lot of screening b/c I don't like to talk to sales people. Soooo, if the maching picks up, talk and I will pick it up if we are home! And, Michael has his cell phone but it is a pay by the minute one...we have to buy minutes for it when it runs out, so he will be using that a little more sparingly too. Feel free to continue to call him on it....he may just wait until he gets home to call you back unless you leave a message that it is an emergency. We are pinching our pennies!
Have a great day!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
New job opportunity
Posted by Barr Family at 3:27 PM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I will be praying for you! That does sound like an amazing opportunity! I wish I didn't live so far away or I would love to help you out with Michaela. I will be praying that the perfect person comes along!
How exciting!!! What a blessing!! You will be wonderful as a pre-school teacher, and Gracie will LOVE being in school!! We will also be praying for the perfect person to hang out with Michaela! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment