Friday, January 14, 2011

Fruit

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed memorizing my first verse of the year. I have repeated it over and over when I needed it and it was great to have it right there in my mind when I was tempted to dwell or remember the former things. (Isaiah 43:18-19)

Tomorrow it will be time for January verse #2. On the first and fifteenth of every month participants go to Beth Moore's blog and post their verse. For the January 1st entry there were over 9,000 verses posted! How awesome is that? If interested in seeing it the address is: www.lproof.org and go to BLOG in the sidebar. My new verse is:

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit let us keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5: 22-25

I don't know about any of you, but I could use some more of that fruit in my life, and the crazy thing is that Jesus-followers have a direct line to those pieces of fruit through the Holy Spirit. It's just that all too often I fall out of step with the Spirit and overlook the power that is abiding in me. This one will be a little trickier for me to memorize I think...I may have to get creative with this one!

On another note, we are looking forward to this 3-day weekend that we have ahead of us. We are going to take advantage of it b/c Michael *gets* to go back to school Tuesday and it will be nonstop craziness until May. Hence, the need for the fruit from Galatians!!!

0 comments: