So, I am on a new challenge for the new year. On Beth Moore's blog, there are several thousand women committing to do the same thing: memorize two Bible passages per month for all of 2011...completely practical and do-able. So, for the new year, my first passage is: "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing. Now is springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19
This is the perfect verse for me to meditate on several times a day...actually probably several times an hour! 2010 gave me a beating...probably the hardest year of my adult life and by Dec. 31 I felt pretty whipped. A new year though bring a sense of refreshment and 'new-ness.' Most of the disappointments, hurt, and crappy situations from 2010 didn't just disappear on Jan. 1, but I am striving to forget the former things and be on the lookout for the 'NEW' things that HE is doing. I don't want to remember 2010 as the year we spent all kinds of money trying to have another baby and it didn't work, I don't want to remember the situation that I liken to a small divorce---the hurt feelings, disappointment, and betrayal (and this has nothing to do with Michael!).
I want to remember 2010 as the year that Gracie lost her first tooth, that Michaela told her daddy that she was going to marry him when she grows up, that Gracie started Kindergarten, that Michaela started talking about and loving Jesus, that Gracie went to her first church camp, and that Michaela learned how to stay in her bed at night.... 2010 was challenging but so full of amazing moments. So, forgetting the former things...choosing not to dwell on the disappointments, and remembering the blessing God has given me. Here's to looking for the things He is already doing in 2011!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Forget the Former Things
Posted by Barr Family at 8:45 AM
Labels: 2011 Memory, Family Life, Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is a great verse! I am so sorry you had a rough year last year. Thank goodness God makes all things new every day. New Years are a great new start! I pray that 2011 is a FABULOUS year for the Barr family!!
Whoo-hoo!!! Isn't it EXCITING to think about what God is going to do, and how HE will move in your lives this year... as an individual AND as a family!?! :) It is SO AWESOME to think about all of the plans HE has for you in the next 349ish :) days!! :) I can't WAIT to witness HIS Glory radiate through your lives! Love you girl!!
Post a Comment