Monday, April 16, 2007

A day of sadness for many families.

Today, if you haven't heard, there were 32 people killed and 15 more injured in an act of violence at Virginia Tech. So much information is still unknown but I don't think all the information will really help those who have lost their loved ones today. I pray that people open up their eyes and see that the relative morality gospel that is being preached by so many, in and out of the churches, is bogus! We all must work towards being more grounded in the truth of Jesus Christ. I hope and pray that those that lost their lives today had a personal relationship with our Lord before they departed. I hope and pray that we all are able to have a positive impact on the world and that we are never stricken with such a heart breaking trial. But, I also know that we live in a fallen world with fallen people. And, for all those that have never developed a relationship with God, it will be impossible for them to ever really know truth. It breaks my heart. I pray to God that all our children will grow in the grace of Christ and not only know that he exists, but that they will develop a relationship with Him so that they may know truth and grace and show it to all those they come in contact with. Please take a moment to pray for those families that lost loved ones today, thank God for all those in your life that you love, and for the opportunities for the people in that circle to be expanded through the Holy Spirit.
Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation"NAS

1 comments:

The Courtneys said...

It is truly a sad reminder of how much sin affects us in such devastating ways. And an even greater reminder of why we follow the Just and Loving God that we do.