Thursday, April 12, 2007

Why work 6 days a week?

Hello everyone, this is Michael and my first attempt at this blog thing. It is Thursday evening and I am getting all my things ready for work tomorrow when I realize that I can't believe that I have worked 5 or 6 days a week for the last 10 years. For those that don't know I am now working Friday-Sunday 5am-5pm. Apart from not getting to do some of the fun things on the weekend and missing Sunday church it is awesome. I am loving getting the time with the girls and getting to do somethings that I enjoy as well. I am working one day a week with Habitat for Humanity on the local construction site. I am learning some great skills and doing something good at the same time, win-win! I hope to be able to take some of these skills with me on my future missions trip so that I may be a more valuable asset to the team. I must say that on Mondays I am worthless. I spend the day resting and recovering from working my tail off for those 3 days. I am really looking forward to spending more time with the girls this summer and finding all the free things to do that the area has to offer. This next week I am putting up the remainder of fence that is needed to trap Gracie in. We are also going to get a dog! Amanda is not convinced, but that is ok, I'll keep working on her. I really want a boxer but due to financial restrictions we will probably get a mut from the local shelter. It's all good, they all need love. Well, I gotta get things wrapped up so I can go to bed. Take care and God bless you all. Michael

0 comments: