Thursday, April 19, 2007

NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

Warning: Graphic, and may offend those who do not agree with me. Read at your own risk.

Hi everyone. Just a few thoughts this morning as I have been watching the news while cleaning. The Supreme Court upheld a decision to ban partial-birth abortion. Praise God. Everyone who knows me knows I am passionately proLIFE. I pray for the day when all abortions are banned. Of course, all of the chatter today was about how this procedure is normally done when the mother's life is threatened, and there IS an exemption in the ban for these situations. So the left wing needs to let that argument go as there is nothing there to argue about.

The left wing comments this morning were revolved around how this is a medical procedure and that the government should not be making medical decisions for women. It makes me wonder if they know what exactly goes on for a partial birth abortion...it is gruesome and horrific. It is done after 20 weeks of pregnancy. 1) Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the BABY'S leg with forceps 2) The BABY'S leg is pulled out into the birth canal 3)The abortionist delivers the BABY'S entire body except for the head 4) The abortionist jams scissors into the BABY'S skull, opening the scissors to enlarge the hole 5) The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted, the BABY's brains are sucked out causing the skull to collapse 6) The dead BABY is removed. And, yes, I capitalized BABY purposely...I am so sick of hearing unborn babies called fetuses. How is it a fetus when the baby is unwanted, but a baby when it is wanted?

20 weeks of pregnancy...that is halfway through the pregnancy...by 20 weeks, the sex of the baby can be seen via ultrasound, he/she can suck their thumb, the digestive system is working, he/she can hear sound, the baby can clasp his/her hands, unique fingerprints have developed, and he/she reacts to painful stimuli, and that's just to name a few. Doesn't sound like a "nonperson" to me. How about you?

My heart breaks for all of the lost children, for the mothers that make the choice and have to suffer the after-effects (physically and emotionally), and for our society as a whole that we have so deluded ourselves that we have made this acceptable. I pray that our society comes to their senses on this issue, that women struggling with past abortions will find peace in Christ, and that the next generation of children will uphold life more than past generations.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth..." Psalms 139:13-15

0 comments: