Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthday Pictures and New Bible Verse

What a fun Saturday we have had! This morning we celebrated Gracie's 6th birthday with our family. She requested a breakfast party so everyone came over at 10:00 and we had Michael's amazing scrambled eggs, homemade biscuits and gravy, bacon, and fruit salad. We topped it all off with cake and ice cream....a bit early for those sweets but still good! Here are a few snapshots!



Aunt Michele made Gracie some new dress up clothes and a super cute hat:


Gracie got lots of cute clothes:

She got a Barbie house and car from Nana...she was very excited about it!







Marmalade is adjusting well. He and Prince are currently both laying on Michael's lap together! Ha!

My third memory verse of 2011 is: "Only be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." Deuteronomy 4:9
This command was given to the Israelites after a great many wonders the LORD did for them. His command was given to remember all of those things. Isn't it funny how as time goes on we tend to forget the things that God had done that we once called a miracle? I want this command in my heart so that I can raise my sweet girls to know the amazing things God has done in my life...in their daddy's life...and teach them to remember the wonderful things He does in THEIR life! We aren't to just teach our children, but the children after our children. I want this command on my heart so that if and when I become a grandparent I will not forget to pass those wonderful things on to my grandchildren as well. I am going to start keeping a little journal of the wonders, blessings, and miracles that God does in the Barr family so that one day I will be able to show the girls how God has brought us through in His great love for us!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

So 1, it is NEVER too early for cake of any kind :) lol. 2, you have to tell me where you got the plain purple and pink little table things. Allie had a princess one and she liked to sit/stand on it...and yeah, it broke. 3, that hat is super cute, she reminds me of a flapper a little bit...but I like that era. :)

dbilberry said...

Looks like a great time. I was going to ask the same question. Where did you get those little lap tables? We could use some of those too.

Barr Family said...

Hey ladies....the tables came from Michael's last Christmas...maybe they still carry them?