You know it's going to be a good day when you wake up to the sounds of your children screaming at each other. You know it's going to be a good day when your oldest child screams from her bedroom that you are ruining her life because we are out of the cereal she wanted for breakfast. And, you know it's going to be a good day when you step bare-footed in cat pee. Whoo-hoo! We are on a roll in the Barr household right now! :)
The girls made up, Gracie decided cereal was a silly thing to have a meltdown over, and the cat pee has been cleaned up. The day is getting better. I spent the morning cleaning my house...it's amazing what a few days of NOT being on top of it at all moments can do to your house. Michaela and I had lunch...or I should say I had lunch...Michaela decided she was full although 15 minutes prior to that she was "hungry to death." Marmalade and I are sitting in the chair and Michaela is playing with Barbies in her room.
If you are still reading this post...kudos to you....it's not the most exciting thing ever today...and it's about to get better---or worse depending on how interesting the mundane details of the Barr house are.
I am going to try a new grocery shopping routine. I have spouted the wonders of menu planning and shopping for 2 weeks worth of groceries at a time for quite awhile now. And, it really does save money. However, as of late, we have noticed we have been making several small trips in between to get something I forgot or something we ran out of. So...new plan. I have planned out our meals for the next month...that's right... a whole month....dinners, lunch ideas and breakfast ideas that can be rotated through depending on what we want that day. I am going to buy all of the ingredients that are needed for the whole month that won't spoil. Then, every Wednesday (the day the new sales start at Dillons, I will swing by after Bible study to pick up any fresh ingredients that I need for that week or anything that is on sale and an amazing deal that I know we will use. We will see how this goes. Since I know you will be hanging on the edge of your seat to hear how this goes, I will keep you posted. :)
In other Barr news, Gracie lost another tooth! She lost her first one over Christmas. The second one was loose at the time too, and it was still not wanting to come out despite it being incredibly loose by now and the permanent tooth coming in behind it. So, it was either a trip to the dentist to get it pulled or we were going to have to come up with something. We spent a lot of time twisting on it as much as she could stand...so gross b/c you could actually hear little popping sounds (which she happened to think was pretty cool). Ick. When it was really hanging on by "a thread" Michael got his nursing clamps out and it popped right out. Not too traumatic for her I don't think. She was glad to have it out and since it was such a pain in the butt she got a little extra money from the tooth fairy....and she was saved a shot at the dentist's office, and we were saved $100+.
Alright, I have no more random-ness to share today....just looking forward to a weekend with the family all at home! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend with YOUR families!
Friday, February 11, 2011
"Good Day"
Posted by Barr Family at 11:34 AM
Labels: Family Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
So 1, the "good day-ness" must be in the air lol. (oh sarcasm lol). 2, we menu plan for a month. Actually that fun filled 3 hour grocery outing is planned for tomorrow morning. Oh fun for me! And 3, I can't wait till sis' teeth come out. I mean I can, but you know I'm a "memory pack-rat" and that first tooth will be going in their little chests. :)
Post a Comment