This morning Gracie informed me that she needed a pair of sketcher shoes. Apparently 2 little girls in her class have them and they are "way cooler" than her shoes, so she needs them. Great...I was really hoping to hold off on this whole "Somebody else has it so I need it too" thing that happens when they are surrounded by other kids at school. I told her that Sketchers were kind of expensive so we weren't going to be buying any right now...her tennis shoes still fit her just fine. Her reply, "Mom, why do we always have to buy things cheap?" Um, because you outgrow things in about 5 minutes...that's why...now go have a great day in your really cute, albeit non-Sketcher, shoes and be thankful for what you have little girl.
I wonder how often God says something similar to us when we want something that just isn't in the plan...Go on little girl and be happy with the things that you have.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Grrreatttt......
Posted by Barr Family at 8:12 AM
Labels: Family Life, Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You're so right. I love that you see the spiritual connection there. Kadyn sees things on commercials sometimes and thinks she has to have them. We usually just say that she will have to remember it for when her birthday or Christmas comes around. If we're lucky, she will have forgotten by then.
One of our children's devotions was a verse about the camel. The point was that he lives on less. Now whenever she asks for things in the check out line at the grocery store I tell her we have to be more like the camel and live on less stuff.
Post a Comment